The LTA’s first ever Late Night Shopping and Family Festive Evening was a success with many families and friends stepping out into the cold, but dry evening to enjoy the activities and shop later into the evening than is usual in Lancing.
The LTA team organised a range of activities to engage with the young and older people of Lancing.
From 4pm we had:
- Bob the Village Crier opened the event
Craft, Gift and Artisan market stallholders selling a large range of different products and food in the car park of Fabric:
- Krysia’s Artwork
- Remnant Rags Rejuvenated https://www.facebook.com/Rosiesremnantsrags
- Double Dot https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DoubleDotArt
- Tideline Trash and Treasures https://www.tidelinetrashandtreasures.co.uk/
- Lancing FC https://lancingfc.co.uk/
- La Cena https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100030213107045
- EcoOctopus https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EcoOctopus
- Purple Pod Foods https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032460384402
- Katies Nuttery https://katiesnuttery.com/
- Epsilon Home https://www.epsilonhome.co.uk/
- Pump and Grind https://sites.google.com/view/pumpgrind
- Beachside Bakery
- Angels Organic https://www.facebook.com/AngelsOrganicRange
- SRM woodcraft https://srmwoodcraft.wordpress.com/
- Santa in his grotto at the Coffee Lounge until 7pm
- G&S Christmas Tree and Light Display
- Festive music in South Street
- Seaside Primary Choir performed in Queensway
- Christmas Film and Panto Character trail started. Family registration was at FABRIC and the characters were located in both North Road and South Street. All the entrants completing the trail were entered into a prize draw supplied by Gary Evans (Michael Jones and Bacon Estate Agents) and Worthing Theatres. We had Captain Hook and Cinderella, Dorothy and the Scarecrow, the Ugly Sisters, Fairy Godmother, Aladdin’s Uncle Abanazar, Elf, Queen of Hearts and a rather Bad Fairy…. A big THANK YOU to Lancing Repertory Players for their support with the costumes.
- Strictly Come Lancing – Session 1 was for children aged 5 plus, dance pop up and lessons at the Family Centre on North Road
- Strictly Come Lancing – Session 2 was for children and families, dance pop up and lessons at the Family Centre on North Road
- Strictly Come Lancing – Session 3 for adults, dance pop up and lesson at the Family Centre on North Road
- Matthew English, Violinist, played at Queens Parade, North Road and Fabric https://www.facebook.com/MatthewEnglishViolin
- Edwina Weeks – sang outside Robert Luff/G&S Garden Centre
- Worthing Choral Society – outside Robert Luff/G&S Garden Centre https://www.worthingchoral.org.uk/
And at 7pm, Santa’s Grotto closed.
Our thanks go out to all those that came along to have some fun and support the event and all the businesses that stayed open for the evening.
We are pleased to announce we raised £775 for Lancing and Sompting Foodbank on the night as well as numerous donations of food.
However, this event would not have happened without a number of amazing local businesses and people who got involved and made things happen:
- The Coffee Lounge for hosting Santa in his Grotto
- Jos St Hilaire from BEVEC, who supplied and installed the lights at the Market in the car park of Fabric.
- The Amazing Mrs T from Lancing Repertory Theatre who supplied the costumes for the Character trail.
- Gardner & Scardifield for all sorts of resources beyond belief! From using their staff for the Character trail to providing raffle prizes. Thanks to Jay (Captain Hook), Alana (poor Cinderella), Lee (Ugly Sister) and Lee W (Aladdin’s Uncle Abanazar) for being amazing characters!
- Mandy Davies from Let’s Dance Sussex https://lancingtraders.org/places/lets-dance-sussex/ for Strictly Come Lancing, ably assisted by Jamie Mobile DJ https://www.facebook.com/Jamiesmobileclub
- Bob Smytherman, Village Crier http://www.worthingtowncrier.co.uk/
- Lancing FC https://lancingfc.co.uk/
- Howie McConnell, Photography – https://www.28thstreetmedia.co.uk/
Trail prizes donated by:
- Gary Evans of https://michaeljones.co.uk/staff/gary-evans/
- Worthing Theatres https://wtm.uk/
- Lancing Repertory Theatre https://www.lancingrep.co.uk/
Raffle prizes donated by:
- Cheeky Smoke https://www.cheekysmokelancing.co.uk/
- The Village Florist https://the-village-florist.co.uk/
- WH Smith https://www.whsmith.co.uk/stores/details/?StoreID=4346
- Co-Op https://www.coop.co.uk/store-finder/BN15-9BA/north-road
- Lauren at Adore Hair & Beauty https://adorehairboutique.co.uk/
- Jago’s Hair Design https://www.jagoshairdesign.co.uk/
- Truffles Bakery https://www.trufflesbakery.co.uk/
- Alicia Seren https://www.facebook.com/aliciaserenhairandbeauty
- Middleton Estates https://middleton-estates.co.uk/
- HD Tribe https://www.hdtribe.co.uk/our-offices/lancing/
- And Breathe https://www.andbreathemassagelancing.com/
- Piglets Pantry https://www.pigletspantry.co.uk/
- Bake out https://www.bakeout.uk/
Final Thank You
to the LTA Committee members for the unquestioning support, time and effort to help Lancing based businesses.
- Heidi and Jon Rush from HR Smart Ltd https://www.hrsmartuk.com/
- Zoë Stannard from ColourFull Kitchens Ltd https://www.colourfullkitchens.com/
- Martin Bloomfield from Seaside Creative Ltd https://seasidecreative.co.uk/
- James Mansell from Panda Creative Ltd https://www.pandacreativeltd.co.uk/
Did you attend? Want to give us some feedback? Complete this Google form https://forms.gle/KoUfavYSzZN9zFTt6
Thank you to the PPL/PRS for granting us a free music licence for the evening.